Spencer and Olivia each try not to revert to their old habits. Spencer tries not to repeat his mistakes with his relationship with Layla, and Olivia tries not to revert to her past self. Coop's father returns with a surprise.
Now that Asher is living with Layla, Spencer tries not to repeat the mistakes that he made in his past relationship with Kia. He let his emotions get the best of him and he lashes out Layla. However Coop helped him realize that he acts the way he does to people because his father abandoned him. So anybody that treats him with love he pushes them away because he expects that they'll leave him too. So he tells this to Layla and they promise to love each other.
Meanwhile, Olivia struggles to not go back to taking drugs because she once again feels invisible in her house. She talks to Layla and she tells her that she needs to tell her family how she's feeling. She does that, and tells her parents that she feels invisible. She say that they're always so focused on the future, that it's almost as if they don't see or care about the present, which is where she is. Also even after she got back from rehab they still didn't pay attention to her, and despite it being what she needed, it wasn't all that she needed. She says that Spencer was the only person who asked if she was really okay. They all just assumed that she was and moved on. So at her sobriety ceremony with Jordan her parents show up and they tell her she was more important than what they were doing and they all have a family hug.
Also Coop's father return with a big surprise
- Daniel Ezra as Spencer James
- Bre-Z as Tamia "Coop" Cooper
- Greta Onieogou as Layla Keating
- Samantha Logan as Olivia Baker
- Michael Evans Behling as Jordan Baker
- Cody Christian as Asher Adams
- Karimah Westbrook as Grace James
- Monet Mazur as Laura Baker
- Taye Diggs as Billy Baker
- Jalyn Hall as Dillon James
- Demetrius Shipp Jr. as Tyrone Morris
- Judith Scott as Janelle Cooper
- Hunter Clowdus as JJ Parker
- Asjha Cooper as Kia Williams
- James Black as Reggie Cooper
- Doreen Calderon as Rita
- Aaron Joseph as Theo Grimes
- Iman Karran as Attractive Teen Girl
- Mike Dolphy as Teacher
- This is the first episode to include flashbacks for Olivia.